I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rain or Shine BABY!!!

Seriously, what's a little bit of rain, right? Like I mentioned earlier, Mario wanted to wait until after dinner to go workout. So an hour after we ate, we were all set and ready to go. Warm clothes? Check! IPOD? Check! We were all ready to go...and then..we opened the door. Why had it been perfectly clear ALL DAY and the minute we're ready to go.....raining. So we stare at each other and Mo, gives us the kick in the butt that we need and said, let's do this. So...another sweatshirt? Check! Beanie? Check! And we're off.

I can't even imagine what people must have thought of us. There were a lot of people driving by and there were Mo and I running. It was actually really nice, minus the extra cricks in the knees that I'm certain were caused by the rain. And, I can say, that I feel officially ready to move on to week 2 of Couch to 5k. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly running or anything...but I'm not gasping for air like I was after the first run. Honestly, if it weren't for my bad knees and ankle, I could probably have gone for another 20 minutes...my body is just feeling the effects of this extra weight. I know it's not going to get better until it gets worse so I gotta just keep on trucking. And Mo did his very first day of Couch to 5K! Wahooo. So I'm going to do week 1 for one more week so that we can be ready for Week 2 at the same time.

Okay, well I'm off to watch Grease with the kids...they're killing me...eating popcorn...sheesh! I know it's late, but we didn't wake up until very late today for the first time in at least the past 6 years.......adios!!

4 comments:

chumly said...

It reminds me of the Singing in the Rain movie.

BB Mama said...

yes! singing in the rain is definitely more fun than running in the rain!

Anonymous said...

good job!! and what a romantic workout!!!... LOL

3LittleFlowers said...

I agree with miss Gus there... What a romantic workout!!!!!! hahaha