I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It has begun....

Like my profile says, not to brag but I am a pretty darn great mom, wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I love taking care of you all and putting you as my #1. When you hurt, I run to find a cure. When you're sad, I stick my clown-nose on and make you smile. When you're happy, I grab the closest box of kleenex so that I can cry tears of happiness for you. And I love to do it, because I love all of you. Just as I am fortunate to have all of you love me like you do. And because this just seems to be a mutual love society, I am calling upon all of you. Like Jerry Maguire says..help me, help you. Only...help me!

One of my many many goals for 2008 involve my health and the improving, maintaining of it. This blog is a piece of that journey and you, my captive audience are responsible for ensuring that I stick to my blogging. I WILL post my successes and please celebrate with me..and I will inevitably post my failures. Get my rear back in gear. If you have seen a week go by with no post from me, please be assured that I am sitting somewhere stuffing my face and most definitely not exercising. This is the time to text me, call me, nag me, hit me. This blog is my written permission.

So off I go. 2008 is here. I am following the typical masses and vowing to lose weight in this year, but i come equipped. I have the tools (Sparkspeople), the motivation and the support system (ya'll)...oh..and courtesy of Mario---come January 12th or shortly thereafter, I also have my new best friend (sorry comadres)....please meet our newest family member and my machine that I have already adoringly named Bob (yes, from Biggest Loser)...(see image above--I'm new to this and can't figure out how to put the picture here --->).

And so it begins....weighing in at a sturdy 235 pounds (I just saw several biggest loser contestants with the same weight :( )... I am off. I will weigh in every Sunday morning and that weight is as off this morning.

2008...is gonna be great!
**********************************************************************

6 comments:

gjmedina said...

YAY! B.... i wish you all the luck I know you can do it! Shoot with a new friend like that it will be much easier ;0)

BKamm said...

Wohoo! Good luck B! And, just so you know, you aren't alone. I just finished printing off my nutrition/exercise tracking forms (UGH!) and am heading out to buy batteries for the fan on my elliptical (double UGH!!), so I'll be right there with you! I'm shooting for 50 lbs...can I borrow Bob? I love him... :)

BKamm said...

Acutally, I lied. I'll name my treadmill Bob too, then name that other ASS-KICKINGLY painful machine called the elliptical Jillian. B/c it is badass... Pft. :)

Gina said...

Way to go Blasa! I'm so proud of you. Your strong determination is evident in every word...and it's making be motivated to do the same thing as well. I'm here for you! Good luck...I know you're going to do GREAT! Love you!

BB Mama said...

lol becky --- jillian rocks the house...she just scuurrrs me a little bit. I heart bob.

adri08 said...

Dear Blasa,

Thank you for including me in your blog. It motivates me to also stay on target, I've got big plans for this year and they include a new me, once and for all!! I KNOW you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. The strength you possess has helped so many of us through out the years, now is the time for you to put that strength into yourself, you absolutely deserve it!! So I promise to give you a kick in the butt when you need it if you promise to do the same :)