I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Friday, January 4, 2008

And then Mother Nature called.....



and mama was PISSED! Our vacay plans got derailed MAJOR....let me start at the beginning...

It was 4am. I was sound asleep and was suddenly woken by a blood-curdling scream. My heart lept out of my throat...I screamed for Mario. He and Nana met halfway down the hallway and she was just screaming and screaming. Mario gave her to me so he could run and get Tita and she was just shaking. When I finally got her to calm down, she told me through tears that a monster was trying to get in her room and was shaking her window. We looked out at the window and sure enough...it looked like a pack of monsters were trying to get into my room too! Only they were trees shaking so hard. I've never seen wind/rain like that in San Jose. It was nuts.

This morning, I turned the news on to hear about 75-125 mph winds. Trucks were tipping over on the freeway. Roads/freeways were blocked off due to accidents, flooding. At last count 275,000 people were without electricity. My heart dropped. I didn't want my mom to lose all her timeshare points but really...I was the one who had gotten voted to drive all the kids there and there was just no way I was going to be responsible for that. After a couple hours and things getting worse..it became clear...we were staying home. We're going to see how the morning is, but for now, home is where the heart is..and where the pants stay dry. We have been hit by not 1 but 3 storms at the same time. Crazy right??

So I didn't get my bomb workout...we went bowling and the most I worked out was my thumb. LOL....but seriously, here are some pictures from SJ Mercury so you can all get an idea of what we're dealing with...

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! I can't believe those winds! I'm glad you all are all right. Stay safe and dry. xoxo

Nikki said...

Glad everyone is safe!