I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm Back!--Part One


First off, I want to say what I couldn't say for the last few days due to our DSL being knocked the heck out!

I am good. I'm back. Totally. Like I said, Mo jumped on this bandwagon with me and so far we have been doing fantastic. We are at the halfway point right now and I am proud to say that I have not cheated or slipped or oops'd once. Top that off with not 1 but so far 2 workouts, I am feeling pretty good! Aaaaaaaaaaand stick the cherry on top of my boss telling me that I looked thinner today, well, I'm not sure what angle she was checking me out from..but shoot, I'll totally take it.

I wanted to touch on the moment I had on Monday. Off we went for a family day to the track. Mario was folding laundry at home and I was finishing cleaning up after breakfast. He told me whenever I was ready, to let him know and he'd go to the track with me. Well, about 30 minutes later I tell him I'm ready and he was out the door! lol. We loaded the girls' bikes and decided to make it a family day.

So we're at the track and Mickey is of course running circles around both of us, Iliana and Tita are bouncing between riding their bikes and screaming YAHOOOO everytime one of us passes them by. Mario is walking/running and I'm doing the Couch to 5K deal. At one point, I'm walking my 90 seconds and I look across the track...I guess at some point, Iliana had decided to join papa and they were RUNNING! Mickey and Tita were playing together at this point and I was just overcome with a sense of WOW. Noone else was as lucky as I was at that very moment. To be able t oshare something so simple as working out and getting the whole family involved....it's just a far stretch from where we've been and I didn't take it for granted fo rone moment.

I wanted to also note how important this blog is to me. Knowing that there is a place where I can say the things I won't even say aloud is so very important to me. Having friends that are here to hold me accountable and support and cheer me on and up is amazing. This feeling is better than anything I could achieve at any meeting. I will always get back on my feet because of this blog and because of you (even you, my silent readers...MO!).

3 comments:

Gina said...

haha...so Mo is a silent reader. :) I think it's so wonderful that all of you were working out together. I love it! Keep it up Blasinda! You're motivating me so much. You need to put up a new picture soon on your myspace. Love you lots!

P.S. I heading to the gym as soon as I'm done with this comment...

Anonymous said...

mWay to go girl! Keep the good work! Wait until you accomplish the first week... you will see how good you are going to feel

3LittleFlowers said...

Way to go!!! You are doing great!!!