I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Out with the Old!



I celebrated New Year's with my Cuban comadre who shared with me her tradition of getting rid of a bowl of water at midnight in an effort to let go of the things you wanted to be rid of. I sat there with my bowl for a second thinking and then realizing that Mickey was just WAITING for me to throw the darn bowl, I tossed it. You can see in the picture, I mean I THREW it. Out with the old. I'm ready for that. It's more than just anything physical or superficial. I realize that for this journey, I need a completely new mindframe. A completely new train of thought.

I am a perfectionist. Mario says I have serial-killer tendencies. I think he was being funny...I THINK. The downfall to wanting everything done exactly right, is how easy it is to give up if one thing doesn't go according to your plan, your schedule, your itinerary. So I'm starting small.

Step one. Clean out the fridge and the pantry. Getting rid of all the holiday cheer. I've gotten jolly enough, let me tell you. I am working on my food plan for the month because it was too exhausting to do it weekly. And my first short term goal is to go one month--that's 30 days--with no excuses, no diversions, no oopsies. One month. I should be able to do that right? No excuses. That's going to be tough. So is typing on my broken laptop so excuse me if this has a million errors, I can't see the screen. (long story).

Anyway, out with the old. Except when you get rid of something old, you have to replace it with something new. Hence my visit to the grocery store. ha!

2008....is starting off great
*********************************************************************************

4 comments:

Oriyomi said...

B...im here with ya...whatever lil ass kicking ya need-hollar

Gina said...

Starting small is the BEST way to go! Good job! :D I always used to put together these grandiose lists of how much I wanted to lose, what I wanted to accomplish in one year...and it never worked for me. I think I'm going to toss a bowl of water out too...

gjmedina said...

water huh... i did the whole red chonies thing... let's see what this year has in store.

Take one day at a time.. just remember that everyday you are on your plan even if you mess up a little is better than not being on any plan...

good luck and i look forward to reading your blogs

BB Mama said...

E--I might need some ideas because while i could never cut out carbs completely, I'd like to add some more veggies.

Giniqua--throw that water girl!

and most interesting of all..lol

Glo--wth is the red chonie thing? THIS i need to know!