I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

One day left......

Today ends the end of my one week of absolutely no cheating. I have to say. I think I cheated yesterday. So that makes me sad. But I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Knowing that I had Mickey's wrestling tournament to be at after work, I planned out my foods for the day accordingly. I knew we'd have to eat out for dinner, so I planned on picking up two grilled steak soft tacos, fresco style from Taco Bell. ((For those that don't know, you can order fresco style for almost anything at Taco Bell. What it means is they take off the cheese, sour cream and just put a simple pico de gallo sauce in place of the fat...lol. Two grilled steak soft tacos are 320 calories and was definitely under what I had left for the day.))

So my point is, I planned. I even packed a whole lunch bag of yogurt, apple wedges, granola bars and almonds for the girls so that we wouldn't be tempted to hit the ever-tempting snack shack at the match. Well...the match turns out to be a tournament. Which .is.LONGER. To make matters worse, it was POURING rain outside and I couldn't bring myself to make Mario go hunt down a Taco Bell for me. So I snacked on some almonds and drank 3 bottles of water just waiting it out.

I kept hearing them announce FRESH HOT PIZZA at the snack shack and HOT DOGS ARE READY at the snack shack and BUY A HOT CHOCOLATE at the snack shack. By the time we left the school it was almost 10pm...and I had to drop off a couple of mijo's friends. So there I am at 10pm eating my dinner. Granted, I fell below my nutritional maximums for the day..BUT...I don't eat after 8pm...like EVER..like even a grape. LOL....so I ate 2 hours past that. I was so tired too, I even told Mickey, I wonder if I should just go home and go to sleep and he yelled at me MOM you HAVE to eat!

I guess my choices were to buy a piece of pizza at the snack shack before 8pm or wait and eat a litle bit better late at night..i know for sure the fat in the pizza blows the fat in those two soft tacos out of the water! I don't know, I feel like I made the right choice, just bummed that I didn't stick to my very strict 8pm guideline.

In any case, today is another day. Mo and I are going to work out together tonight. This is a definitely a lesson in compromise. I wanted to go this morning but he'd rather go tonight and in order to get him a part of this, I gave in to tonight...so we're doing some cardio AND some strength training..(hence the compromise, I'll wait until later...but he's going to have to do more than just cardio! lol)

Anyway, I love that the weekends aren't just blown to crap anymore. I really think about everything I eat. It's so important....

No comments: