I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not such a pretty face......

LMAO! Putting all sense of pride and dignity aside, I am showing you all what a REAL woman looks like after a workout. You always see these hot chicks on tv, sweat dripping off their bodies, looking all gorgeous.....well here I am..in all my glory, immediately after my workout....

Please note the fatigued eyes, the bright red, dotted cheeks....the frizz coming off the side of my head. Ignore the eyebrows that need to be handled because that craziness is not a result of a workout, moreso the result of not having adequate tweezers on hand.

In any case, I had a dream last night. One I have very often. It's my running dream. The details are always different, but the main theme is always the same. I'm running..like Mr. Forrest Gump...RUNNING!!!! No pain in my shhhest, just running. I love the feeling of this dream. I feel like I could do anything and go anywhere, like I could keep running forever. I've never ever (even in my athletic days) been a runner. Not a natural runner, but I always have been in my dreams.

Uhm... and then I woke up. And I decided to start my Couch to 5K plan today as I promised yesterday......not.the.same.as.my.dream. My shheeeest hurt, I was sweating, breathing hard, wanted to spit (since when do I even know how to spit??) lol. Anyway, a hot mess I tell you. But I did it. 27 minutes later, I was done. Completed workout 1. I'm waiting to see if it's going to get easier (TELL ME IT's GOING TO GET EASIER!!)

Oh before I forget. Gina!! You were in my dream. We were hardcore working out together..so....get on it girl! lol!

4 comments:

Gina said...

You still look beautiful...even after a hard workout at the gym. Good job! And you had a dream with me in it working out! :D Now I have to make it come true...I'm going to the gym tonight after I get some studying done. I promise!

Jennifer said...

BB - I dont know how you can say that that isnt a pretty face! Because you are one beautiful woman, after you workout and before.

I love your blog, and how you write. Im glad that you posted the link.
~Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Better times are coming. If you had a dream with my love Forrest, that definetely mean that this is OUR time to be fit! Go girl!

BB Mama said...

Gina--did you do it??
*************************
Jennifer--thank you mama. I'm all over your blog now!
*************************
Gus--(is this Luz?) better times did not hit today..but tomorrow WILL be better. right??
*************************
thank you ladies..i was so proud of myself yesterday for doing day one. can't wait to do day two!