I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weigh In Day

Good morning...I woke up with one eye half open and stumbled down the stairs to hit the scale. I ripped off my sweat pants because really, we don't need the extra bulk and they say to always weigh yourself in the same thing every week...and jumped on the monster that we call a scale. Are you ready for it?? A loss of 2.8 pounds. I'm pretty proud of myself...I said I'd be happy with 1-2 pounds...but really was hoping for 2....and here's a little bit more to give me that extra umph for the day.

I do have to say though, that my competitive side kicked in and I thought geesh, I'm so close to 3, why didn't I get 3..and then i released that thought. Sure I could hop on the potty and "release" that last .4 but I'm at the weight I am this morning for a reason and I'm okay with it. Better than that, I'm good with it.

I'm off to have a light breakfast so that I can get in at least a mile this morning. (Did you know that you burn off more fat/calories if you eat something and then work out as opposed to working out on an empty stomache. I forgot why, but I paid attention that much in nutrition class.) I am going out of town for a wedding shower, but I can't neglect myself or my partner. Today's our final day and we are so close I can taste it! ;-). Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations girl! I am so proud of you and the positives changes that you are doing in your life! gOOD JOB!!!