I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Friday, February 22, 2008

WATP and Chili's

I got a new video yesterday. It's not the one to the left, but it's the same chick. Walk Away the Pounds. It's a 5 workout dvd and let me tell you all. It is GREAT. You so need to get one, any one. There are like hundreds to choose from it seems, but get one and USE IT. There are light workouts for the times you are in a rush and heavy workouts when you really want to get serious. I had a blast doing it today. I felt the effects of it but didn't want to stop. Note: You may want to get a set of light handweights as she does incorporate them into her workouts, but they're not mandatory.

And I had a restaurant success today. I went to Chilis with my comadre after letting the kids PUMP IT UP....my favorite food from here might very well be the Nachos. You know, the appetizer that contains 1570 calories and...are you ready...wait for it....115 grams of fat....OH.MY.HECK. It's really bizarre, the foods that I had no problem at all sticking down my throat and thinking I was giving myself a "treat". Yikes.

So today, I thought I was doing great by ordering the turkey combo. It's half a turkey sandwich and your choice of a soup or salad. Good thing for Biggest Loser giving me the advice to not be afraid to be picky. I specified the sandwich to have no bacon, no mayo and mustard on the side. And I asked which dressings were low fat for the salad and requested it on the side. Thankfully! It seemed like they brought me half a cup of salad dressing. I portioned out 2 tbsp and sprinkled that over my salad...and when they brought my sandwich..you are not going to believe what was on my plate...PINCHE STEAK FRIES!!

oh goodness. I said THIS comes with the combo? And they said, ya, the deal is you get half the sandwich, but you still get the fries and a salad. I feel bad for the poor shmuck who orders this meal as is and thinks they are DOING GREAT by eating a salad. I immediately asked for a to-go box and dumped every last fry into the box. I also took half the swiss cheese (did you know, swiss cheese has the lowest calories, fat content of cheeses?) and dumped it in my salad. Ooh, another tip....eat your salad first!

I felt succesful. Two glasses of water and I gave myself a high five and big ole makeout hug on a job well done. Add my workout on top of it and I do believe I am ready for weigh in tomorrow!

No comments: