I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Project Runway


Does anyone watch this show? You know Ricky, my latin homeboy who is ALWAYS crying. I love him. Sure he's a llorona (is there a male version of that word??) but you know, sometimes you just want to cry. Last night I caught up on some past Oprahs and of course, that woman moves me to tears every time. She went over the whole concept of positive thinking and visualizing what you want. As always, it made me think.


This morning I visualized myself doing a mile. But when I went to pick out which workout I was going to do, I knew today was the day of 4 miles. And 4 miles I handled. The first two I did in a walking, cardio, kickboxing workout. It was awesome. The second 2 miles was in a power walk which I wanted to quit halfway through but maybe it was the whole visualization or maybe it was my little shadow laying on the floor coloring and cheering me on, I knew I couldn't show her that I was a quitter, so on I went. 4 miles and handled our group challenge and then did an additional 175 situpts. I feel fantastic. I smell, quite the opposite. I also need to handle that. But sitting here, I feel almost, proud. Is that weird? Or wrong? It feels almost boastful, but I'm so proud of myself. And I won't say it out loud, I'll just let you all know. It's the pride that moves you to tears. I'm taking back my life even if it's a mile at a time.


My goal for this week is to wake up and do the 1 mile challenge at least 3 times and come home and do the 2 mile challenges 3 times and do the strength training 3 times. I will do it! And I will probably cry after every workout...just cuz I'm a llorona like that!


Off to the showers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lloron is the male version of llorona :)

CancunCanuck said...

You go girl, work it, own it, work it. :)