I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Any differences yet???

Before....

So far......


Okay....so let me give you the back drop on this hot check to the right of me. She is one of my best friends, my youngest's godmother, beautiful, almost funnier than me... and the skinniest bitch I know. LOL. I HATE taking pictures with her and avoid it at all costs as is apparent by my lack of photographs with her through the years. I always feel like a 10 with her....as in she's the 1 and i'm the zero (as in round, no i don't really think i'm like..a zero, like a loser), except in these photos, I guess it'd be more like 01. LOL. Okay no seriously, I'm not self-bashing, its just the truth..and i CAN handle the truth (as long as it's sugar coated with pretty packaging).

Anywho. The first picture was about a year ago. A year and 2 months to be exact. The second picture was this past weekend. When I saw it I couldn't believe it. I actually....LOVED IT. Like I was happy with the way I looked and I had to do no photo-editing to it whatsoever..lol. I mean, it's still obvious that my cranium is like...10 times the size of hers..but I don't look like a godzilla next to her either. I wonder if this is how it will be. Slowly but surely I'll start to be more and more happy with photographs.....(we won't bring up the ones i took the next day when i was hungover and hiding eggs..lol)

Or is it...my age-old trick that I've always said....photograph from above someone's height not at someone's height to make them appear slimmer. And my photographer of the night was mo..who is obviously taller than me by a solid foot...oooh ooh, i found a loophole though...we were standing on a platform above him..so if anything, he was AT level with us..not above....definitely not below, but totally not above...YEA! oh the little things that get me through the pounds...night ya'll!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Girl your glowin...
-h

Gina said...

Glowing indeed! I love seeing before pictures like that because it shows just how far you've come. You look beautiful...as does Mel!

CancunCanuck said...

Shazam, you look great mami!