I'm no longer afraid of what I can't do. I'm afraid of what happens if I don't try.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

And...a Better Sunday!!

I've had a tough weekend. Both emotionally and chocolately...lol. I'm more than sure there is a definite correlation there.

A friend of mine lost her baby this week 8 weeks into her pregnancy and I feel extremely incompetent as far as the advice I was able to give her..which was none. I just can't fathom going through that...and it made me so so sad to see her so upset and angry..but I know it's part of the healing process so I just needed to give her some space and let her get through it. (But you all know how MUCH I need to be able to fix things)

My brother isn't doing so well. I got a terrible text message from him today that is too personal to even get into with you, my faithful amigas. Another situation that I wish I could wave my magic wand and fix....another situation that I need to sit back and let him work through.

My quote on the espacio this week was "sometimes there are no words, only prayers"...it's so true. And this has been a day of spiritual awakening. And on Resurrection Sunday, my faith in Creator is rejuvenated and my belief in the promise that we will never get more than we can handle has been renewed. I don't always get things, but I don't need to. All I can do is try to be a good example and a good friend to those that need me to be, knowing that I don't have to beat myself up if they don't walk away from me with all their ducks lined up in a row.

And so tomorrow is a new week. And my goal of 10 more pounds by 4/12 is starting anew. I have called out my comadre to join me for this week and we can be really great motivators for each other when we want to be...:-) The good news is that I got rid of the weight that I had gained back last week during my sleepy days..so here we go....JOURNALING, MORE EXERCISE and COMMITMENT are here and HERE TO STAY......I'm going to try to blog every day...just like when I hadn't gotten a call from my brother in 2 weeks-if I disappear, I'm up to NO GOOD so check me ya'll!

Happy WEEK!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

We all have good and bad days but faith is what you gets you through all of them!!!
hang in there chica!
-h

Oriyomi said...

Check one two check one two...i love you B